Student writing in notebook, Heath School Camden

Staying Safe

We want everyone in our community to feel safe, respected and able to talk about any concerns they may have.

Safeguarding children and young people is everyone’s responsibility in school. It's really important that all children and adults feel confident about reporting any safeguarding concern - and know they will be listened to. 

You can find out who to talk to in school, and where else you can find help, below.

Would you like to talk to someone about a concern you have?

• If you are a student,

Your first contact could be your Tutor. But you can speak to ANY trusted adult in school, or to one of our safeguarding team (their details are at the end of this section). They will listen and do their best to help.

If the adult you contact is concerned about your safety, they will also speak to our safeguarding team. Unless they think it may bring a risk to you, most times the concern will be also be raised with your parent or carer.

If you don't want to leave your name, you can also send an anonymous report using My Voice. There's more information about this lower down this page.

Please read further down this page too, where there are suggestions for other places you can find help and support.

• If you are a parent or carer,

For any safeguarding concerns or questions, your first contact should be your child's Tutor. If you still have questions or issues to discuss, you're welcome to contact our safeguarding team on the emails below.

• If you are staff,

If you have any safeguarding concerns about a child you must report it immediately to the Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy. If you believe a child is in immediate danger, call the police on 999.

• And for EVERYONE,

There are other people you can talk to with your concerns. Here are some ideas, and please look at the tabs at the bottom of this page.

• My Voice for anonymous reporting

If you've seen something which is bothering you, you can send an anonymous report using ‘My Voice’ on the link here. My Voice is an anonymous reporting platform for any students, staff or families to use, to write a report without leaving your name. An example could be that you've seen something you want to tell us about, you may know someone who is being bullied or you are worried about a friend's wellbeing, or you may be experiencing or witnessing violence that you want to report. Remember we can only help if we know who needs help; you don't have to leave your name but you must let us know who we need to help.

• NSPCC Childline for support

For ALL children and young people, NSPCC Childline is somewhere you can turn to for support. Whatever problems or dangers you may face, CHILDLINE is ready to listen to you. Childline is free to contact on 0800 1111. Childline counsellors are here to take calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are also available to speak to online through 1-2-1 chat and via email.

• Anyone who is worried about a child can call the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000. They will then pass the concern onto the local child protection team who will investigate it.

• You can also call your local authority child protection team on 020 7974 3317 (out of hours: 020 7974 4444)

• The NSPCC offer free advice and support to anyone who’s concerned about how child protection issues are handled in an organisation. You can call the NSPCC’s Whistleblowing advice line on 0800 028 0285 or email them on 

Our School's Safeguarding Team:

• Designated Safeguarding Lead: Alex Wilson 

• Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads: Jamie Histed, Sadie Hall, Vicky Mandla

• Designated Safeguarding Governor: Ms Nicky Francis 

• Early Help School Social Worker: Paul Carroll 

Our safeguarding team can be contacted on


You can find more help on the tabs below.

Looking for mental health support

If you need urgent support, Good Thinking have some information and 24hr phone numbers here.

The Kooth team provide free, safe and anonymous online support and counselling for young people.

Mind is a mental health charity which provides support to everyone who has experienced a mental health problem. If you are concerned about your own mental health or about someone you know, you can contact Mind for advice t: 0300 1233393 or text 86463.

YoungMinds offers information and advice about children and young people’s wellbeing and mental health. They have lots of advice for young people about coping with mental health issues. They also have a helpline for parents and carers t: 0808 8025544.

Samaritans are available, day or night, for anyone who’s struggling to cope, who needs someone to listen without judgement or pressure. They give people ways to cope and the skills to be there for others. And they encourage, promote and celebrate those moments of connection between people that can save lives. They offer listening and support to people and communities in times of need. You can call free on 116 123.

Worried about bullying

If you have any worried about bullying, please speak to any member of our staff, who are committed to doing everything they can to prevent all kinds of bullying. 

We want our school to be an environment which is safe, supportive and free from intimidation. We actively promote a culture of awareness, tolerance and inclusion where all forms of bullying are seen as unacceptable. 

Family Lives offers lots of advice for young people and parents about bullying. You can also call their helpline on 0808 800 2222.

Childline is there to help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through. You can talk about anything. Whether it’s something big or small, their trained counsellors are there to support you. Calls are totally confident and completely free, and the line is open 24hrs every day on 0800 1111. They also have a 1-2-1 chatline here.

Worried about sexual harassment or abuse

We want Heath School to be a community where everyone feels confident about reporting any incidents of child-on-child abuse or sexual harassment and knowing that they will be heard and supported. 

The NSPCC has a dedicated helpline for children and young people who have experienced abuse at school, or for worried adults and professionals that need support and guidance, including for non-recent abuse. Call 0800 136 663.

If you’re worried about your boyfriend or partner’s behaviour, learning more about the warning signs of domestic violence could help you – or someone close to you – stay safe. Refuge offers advice about domestic abuse for teenage girls and young people. Call 0808 2000 247

The Hide Out also offers advice for children and young people about domestic abuse. 

If you are worried about a young person who might be in an abusive relationship, you can find out more information about teenage abusive relationships and how to get help. You can also call Childline to talk about any concerns you might have. They have trained counsellors there to support you. Call 0800 1111

Our schools follows the Department for Education’s Keeping Children Safe in education guidance at all times.

Staying safe online

We believe everyone has the right to learn and to teach in a supportive and caring environment without fear of being bullied. Our teachers are trained by National Online Safety to help everyone in school benefit from computing and online technologies, while understanding its risks and using it safely and responsibly. 

If you would like advice about how to stay safe online visit They also have information about online blackmailing and how to access help if you need it.

Common Sense Media has useful reviews and advice by parents and children of all the latest games, apps and films.

The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) offers advice on online safety. If you have been a victim of sexual online abuse or you're worried this is happening to someone you know, you can let CEOP know safely and securely on their website.

Worried about gangs

If you’re worried that a child or young person might be at risk of being exploited by a gang, you must share your concerns. Please speak to one of our safeguarding team or any trusted member of staff.

If you think a child is in immediate danger, contact the police on 999. 

The NSPCC have lots of information and expert advice about how to support a young person who may be at risk of gang involvement or involved in county lines. Call 0808 800 5000 or email

You can also contact Crimestoppers (anonymously) on 0800 555 111

Advice and help from Camden Local Authority

The Camden Safeguarding Children Partnership offers lots of information and helpful resources for parents and carers on the link here.

Camden Safeguarding Children Partnership

Government guide for parents and carers

A useful government guide for parents and carers has lots of advice about keeping children and young people safe and how to get support if you need it. 

The guide includes information about:

  • Protecting children from domestic abuse
  • Teenage relationship abuse
  • Child sexual abuse and exploitation
  • Sexual assault referral centres
  • Crime, Criminal Exploitation and County Lines, violence and gangs
  • Protecting children from radicalisation
  • Prevent
  • Online child safety
  • Mental health

The government also give advice for schools, which you can read here.

Read our behaviour and safeguarding policy

You can find our school policy on our website here.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now